[mythtv-users] Audio Sync Issues with HD-PVR.

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Wed Oct 19 19:19:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:
>>If what Devin suggests doesn't help then you might want to set your box to output 1080i only. Of course quality will then depend on how well >your box upscales and interlaces.

Oh, Taylor makes an excellent point.  If you lock the output of the
STB to a particular resolution, you reduce/eliminate the risk of
resolution changes causing a sync issue.

> Well, I dont really want to use RCA ,since I lose multichannel. I will try the above as well.  But I am not sure I can "lock" the output of my STB? (Motorola VIP1920)

Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting this as a long term solution -
just a means to help narrow down the problem further.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com