[mythtv-users] Audio Sync Issues with HD-PVR.

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 19:25:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 17:19, Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:
> Amy hints to what may be going on, or what I should check?

This was discussed on other lists a few years ago.  I seem to
recall the issue (fundamentally) is one of slightly differing
clocks, 30fps vs. 29.97fps, and eventually the drift will be
noticeable.

The recommendations at the time were (a) Use the PCM
audio input (not digital), or (b) force the STB to be 1080i.

Not having a HD-PVR, I have not continued to follow the
discussions to know if there have been more recent
recommendations.

Gary