[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime Scripting

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Oct 19 20:36:27 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 4:18 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> Guys, no one disagrees that the current schema is less than ideal.

When Robert McNamara's response is "And who cares how many sources you
have, anyway?" that isn't obvious.

> All of the devs have much more
> pressing things to work on, however, so unless you're willing to back
> up your redesign with code, you're just tilting at windmills.

I'm certainly not trying to tell anyone "you must do this" or anything
like that, but I know that sometimes in my own development I can work
around design deficiencies so many times that I almost stop seeing
them.  When an outsider points out a fresh perspective, that can alter
my thinking and may affect future decisions, be that tomorrow or next
month or next year.

Eric