[mythtv-users] Audio Sync Issues with HD-PVR.

Roger Horner roger1818 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 20:47:18 UTC 2011

>>It sounds like it's the HD-PVR producing busted timestamps so I don't know how we can help that. Maybe a
>>future firmware/driver update will >help.

>Any theory to why it would only occur on HD/SD switchovers?
>(The issue doesn’t appear when recording with the software provided for windows as far as I can tell)

I am not an expert, but my guess is the HD-PVR is receiving
separate clocks for digital audio and analog video.  When the station
changes resolution during the commercial break, it needs to re-sync the
video clock (creating a small delay), but there is no change to the
audio clock.  I am guessing the Windows driver forces the audio to
re-sync when the video re-syncs, to keep things aligned.