[mythtv-users] clearing out xmltv schedule for a couple of channels

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Oct 20 09:09:25 UTC 2011

On 20 Oct 2011, at 09:12, Andre wrote:

> On 20 Oct 2011, at 09:01, Duncan Brown wrote:
>
>> On 19/10/2011 13:26, Andre wrote:
>>> I'm wanting to change a few of my currently xmltv channels to eit, I've read the guide on mixing xmltv&  eit in the same source and that's all understood.
>>>
>>> The problem is I'd like to clear out the current xmltv guide data for those channels so I'm starting cleanly with the eit, would be good to see that it's really working too. I can't find any way to clear this data mythfilldatabase --refresh-all suggests it should do what I want but the old schedule is still there, have tried --refresh-today too.
>>>
>>> I've commented the relevant xmltv sources in my .xmltv file, I've cleared the xmltv field for the affected channels and useonairguide is false for all other channels in this source. I would rather not delete and re-create my source as I have 6TB of recordings that I'd really like to keep the channel associations correct for. I'd also rather not go mucking about in the database other than as a last resort and under guidance...
>>>
>>> I haven't enabled eit on this source yet as I don't want mixed schedule data for the next two weeks!
>>>
>>> I'm in the UK so the xmltv source is uk_rt and the eit will be for BBC&  ITV HD channels. I know it used to be good eit as I had a separate card&  source back when BBC used DVBS.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any assistance
>>>
>>> Andre
>>>
>> If you are comfortable with editing the database directly, and it's just for a few channels, "delete from program where chanid = whatever;" should do it
>
> I was considering that approach but...
>
> In the end I deleted all the sources and made a fresh start and it's all working as I wanted, well eit for BBC HD channels and Channel 4 HD, xmltv for the others. As I'd suspected all my record on channelX rules no longer made sense and the recorded shows no longer have a record of what channel they were from, this doesn't matter too much except for the messy recordings screen.
>
> I'd forgotten that deleting sources would mean re-scanning everything, which on satellite is a very long process, oddly I also discovered that my LNB settings were forgotten, not sure why that's getting deleted along with the sources surely that's a capture card property?
>
> Now at least I can easily re-create the situation I have now, sources 1 & 2 should I need to.
>
> Now I have a great deal more record on any channel rules and consequently a lot more episodes of Top Gear, Doctor Who and QI thanks to Dave & Watch channels :-P
>
> So when this db backup finishes I'll have to see if it's easy to change the recorded channel for all my recordings so they line up with the new numbers, that should be "fun".

For the record and risking developer ire... this is the SQL I used to fix my changed sources:

UPDATE recorded SET chanid = chanid - 11000 WHERE chanid > 12000;

My old source was 12, the new one is 1, so the old chanid was offset by 12000 the new one by 1000, the other source was 2 before and is 2 now so no change required.

It all looks fine and recordings play but If anyone thinks I've broken something crucial please tell me.

Andre