[mythtv-users] anyone else missing The X Factor: Judge's House No. 2 in their schedule?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Oct 20 12:11:58 UTC 2011

On Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:04 AM, "Brian J. Murrell"
<brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> So, the WAF dropped (quite) a bit yesterday when she noticed that Mythtv
> didn't record the "Judges's House No. 2" episode of The X Factor.

> So I went to tv.com to see when it was supposed to air and it says
> 10/16/2011.  And sure enough, when I look in the schedule for that date
> there is no X Factor scheduled on any of the above channels.
>
> So, did that episode really not get aired or was this a schedule snafu?
> Am I (or rather, my wife) the only one that suffered it?
>
> Cheers,
> b.

It aired on Sunday, where it was listed as MLB Baseball... if you didn't
know to grab it, you were skunked.  HOWEVER, if you have been following
my other x-factor thread I have had here, your Judges House #3 might be
messed up as well - it was scheduled 8-9:30, but then was changed 8-10,
so you might be missing the last 30 minutes (which were important, of
course).  When I ran mythfilldatabse --dd-grab-all the corrections were
made.

Just like the other thread, I would suggest running mythfilldatabase
with the --dd-grab-all as your argument in mythtv-setup to ensure you
always have the most up-to-date information.  There is a risk, but I'd
rather risk a show not recording at 2am when it runs opposed to the
fury, and unbridled rage my wife demonstrated when her show was clipped.
:)

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com