[mythtv-users] anyone else missing The X Factor: Judge's House No. 2 in their schedule?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 13:06:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Kris B. <krisbee at krisbee.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:04 AM, "Brian J. Murrell"
> <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> > So, the WAF dropped (quite) a bit yesterday when she noticed that Mythtv
> > didn't record the "Judges's House No. 2" episode of The X Factor.
>
> > So I went to tv.com to see when it was supposed to air and it says
> > 10/16/2011.  And sure enough, when I look in the schedule for that date
> > there is no X Factor scheduled on any of the above channels.
> >
> > So, did that episode really not get aired or was this a schedule snafu?
> > Am I (or rather, my wife) the only one that suffered it?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > b.
> >

> It aired on Sunday, where it was listed as MLB Baseball... if you didn't
> know to grab it, you were skunked.  HOWEVER, if you have been following
> my other x-factor thread I have had here, your Judges House #3 might be
> messed up as well - it was scheduled 8-9:30, but then was changed 8-10,
> so you might be missing the last 30 minutes (which were important, of
> course).  When I ran mythfilldatabse --dd-grab-all the corrections were
> made.
>
> Just like the other thread, I would suggest running mythfilldatabase
> with the --dd-grab-all as your argument in mythtv-setup to ensure you
> always have the most up-to-date information.  There is a risk, but I'd
> rather risk a show not recording at 2am when it runs opposed to the
> fury, and unbridled rage my wife demonstrated when her show was clipped.
> :)

I find it is much easier just to run a mythfilldatabase cron job with
--refresh-today prior to primetime (say 6pm) to pick up schedule changes.
 I've even had it pick up Presidential addresses that are scheduled during
the day that the networks have added in the past.  It also doesn't have the
effect of hammering the Schedules Direct system updating all the data all
the time or the potential side effect of having no data for a period while
the update is run.

Kevin