[mythtv-users] anyone else missing The X Factor: Judge's House No. 2 in their schedule?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Oct 20 13:25:34 UTC 2011

On Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:16 AM, "Brian J. Murrell"
<brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On 11-10-20 08:11 AM, Kris B. wrote:
> >
> > It aired on Sunday, where it was listed as MLB Baseball...
>
> How nice.  I soooo hate sports for what they do to television
> programming.
>
> > if you didn't
> > know to grab it, you were skunked.
>
> Did I just miss a Schedules Direct update or did that change never make
> into Schedules Direct?
>
> > HOWEVER, if you have been following
> > my other x-factor thread I have had here, your Judges House #3 might be
> > messed up as well
>
> Nope.  As I mentioned in that thread, that was fixed in the schedule, if
> you did the right kind of grab.
>
> > - it was scheduled 8-9:30, but then was changed 8-10,
>
> Indeed.  My schedule has that change.
>
> > so you might be missing the last 30 minutes (which were important, of
> > course).  When I ran mythfilldatabse --dd-grab-all the corrections were
> > made.
>
> As I suggested, in that other thread.  :-)
>
> > Just like the other thread, I would suggest running mythfilldatabase
> > with the --dd-grab-all as your argument in mythtv-setup to ensure you
> > always have the most up-to-date information.
>
> Dude, I suggested that to *you*, in your other thread.  :-)
>
> b.

Ah, well there you go! :)  Well, since i have had borked schedules, I
guess I am not the right one to say - mine said MLB and obviously never
updates... however, I might try that update daily via cron at 5pm and
see how that goes for awhile...  though I have had terrible success with
my cron jobs.  I have one to backup the database and then delete
anything in the backup directory older than five days.  The backup
works, the delete doesn't.  However, if I run the same command (copy and
paste) in a terminal, it works fine.  I can't figure it out.  And you
might say, "Oh, the backup script does that", but it doesn't seem to if
you specifically tell the script where the file should go in the command
line...

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com