[mythtv-users] anyone else missing The X Factor: Judge's House No. 2 in their schedule?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Oct 20 13:45:51 UTC 2011

On Thursday, October 20, 2011 6:39 AM, "Roger Horner"
<roger1818 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:11 AM, "Kris B." wrote:
> >Just like the other thread, I would suggest running mythfilldatabase
> >with the --dd-grab-all as your argument in mythtv-setup to ensure you
> >always have the most up-to-date information.  There is a risk, but I'd
> >rather risk a show not recording at 2am when it runs opposed to the
> >fury, and unbridled rage my wife demonstrated when her show was clipped.
>

> The problem is there is no guarantee that it will run at 2am as Schedules
> Direct tells us when to run next to balance the load on their servers
> (unless of course you are ignoring that and doing it in a cron job
> instead, but if everyone did that, it would cause big problems to
> Schedules Direct).

It is setup as 2 to 5, so it is doing whatever it was designed to.
However, I still might run it as a cron job in the afternoon in addition
to the nightly run, just to fix the problem I seem to be having, which
is lack of local updates when things get changed.

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com