[mythtv-users] Audio Sync Issues with HD-PVR.

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:08:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:

>>If what Devin suggests doesn't help then you might want to set your box to output 1080i only. Of course quality will then depend on how well >your box upscales and interlaces.
>
> Right, my box was set to (Translated from Swedish)
>
> "Screen format 16:9"
> "Image format: Automatic"
> "Video Format: 720p"
>
> I changed Image format to "Pillarbox" and Video Format to 1080i.
>
> We'll see what the next recording in HD gives me.

I think the best course of action is to upgrade to the latest firmware
(0x17) and see if it helps. You'll need to wait though because the
hdpvr driver has invalid picture control settings that cause the 0x17
firmware to produce a horrible picture. I'll soon be submitting an
hdpvr patch to the linux-media mailing list that corrects the problem.
We'll also be making changes to the mythtv code that will override the
picture control defaults the driver reports so that users will not
need to worry about getting a patched driver.

--
Taylor