[mythtv-users] MythVideo - Play Next works intermittently

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 21:07:02 UTC 2011

I have a large collection of home videos, and recently switched from
the "File Browse mode" to using the database to store video info.  I
wrote a custom database trigger that will automatically set the
childid field so that each video should play in succession.

This all seems to work fine if I start a video and let it play - each
plays in succession without stopping.
However, I've noticed the next video fails to play (as in I'm returned
to the video list) in the following cases:

1) a bookmark was set on the initial video selected.  Selecting either
"Play from bookmark" or "Play from beginning" has the same result in
that the next video is not played
2) If I jump ahead to the end of current video (which seems to put me
3 seconds ahead of the end), the next fails to play.  If I skip to the
end, then skip back 10 seconds, and let it reach the end itself, the
next video plays successfully

Anyone else notice these issues?

I'm using a recent version of myth24 fixes:

MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-84-gac2e5b2
MythTV Branch    : 241f
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_alsa using_oss using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg

Thanks
Dave