[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase running WAY too often...

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Sun Oct 23 00:44:02 UTC 2011

Weird thing going on here - mythfilldatabase was running about every
three to four hours here every day.  I had it set to let schedules
direct pick the time for the next fill, so I don't know what the deal
is...

Also, because of that, it always says there is a potential grabber
problem.

What I decided to do to remedy this is uncheck letting schedules direct
to pick the next time to update - selected between 2 and 5 on the setup
for mythfilldatabase to run, and I also run a seperate cron job to
mythfilldatabase --refresh-today at 5:05pm to make sure I didn't miss
any schedule changes (as suggested in another thread where my wife was
mad because they moved X-Factor around and myth didn't pick up on it).

Does this sound ok?  Any idea why mythfilldatabase ran so often?  When I
looked at the log, schedules direct didn't even say to run for the day,
and yet it still ran within a few hours....

I know my crontab is right, by checking the cron log (which only shows
the correct run at 5:05pm) and the mythfilldatbase.log (which doesn't
show the cron job, as expected).
--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com