[mythtv-users] Need help troubleshooting cause of DMA Timeouts

Joe Hickey jfwd at phlobus.net
Sun Oct 23 19:55:32 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Follow up post to report that disabling cool and quiet seems to have
> done the trick.  Haven't had a problem since.
>
> Craig.

FYI - I had the same ivtv dma timeout issue with my PVR-150, but I
didn't want to disable cool n quiet because my combined fe/be is in
the living room.  Anything that reduces noise and saves power is
important to me.

I solved the issue by upgrading to mythbuntu 11.04.  It has a newer
kernel and ivtv driver which handle the dma issue better.  No DMA
timeout issues since the upgrade.