[mythtv-users] Wait for DVB devices

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 00:46:02 UTC 2011

2011/9/28 Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>:
> 2011/8/12 Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com>:
>> On 08/10/2011 11:27 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>>> Hello list, I am using BE/FE MythTV on a Debian Squeeze with
>>> debian-multimedia.org stable repository. I have 3 DVB cards, 2 DVB-T
>>> and 1 DVB-S2. When I reboot the machine it automatically start the
>>> frontend. But sometimes I must restart the backend to get working some
>>> DVB devices.
>>>
>>> Is possible to wait to all DVB devices are ready to start the backend?
>>>
>>> Thanks and best regards.
>> If you're on a distro that uses Upstart, then see
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Upstart_mythbackend_Configuration
>>

> Thanks Jan, I try to edit the /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf but it
> does not work.
>
> I am using Debian Squeeze, maybe this is not implemented on my OS.
>
> Thanks and regards.
>
> --
> Josu Lazkano

Hello, I notice that I have not installed the upstart, I try to
install it but if I install upstart I must uninstall sysvinit, and I
think this is not a good idea.

Is possible to add the adapters check before mythbackend starts with sysvinit?

I don't want to use Monit, I just want to check it on system boot.

Best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano