[mythtv-users] LIRC - HDHR - Key down event when key released.

Sid Pharkus pharkus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 06:44:22 UTC 2011

Thanks for the quick response. Not exactly the elegant solution I was
looking for but at least its one that works.

I poked around a bit more and downgraded to lirc 0.8.6 here.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/amd64/lirc/0.8.6-0ubuntu4.2

and the extra key down on key release disappeared. However, it now sends
2 key up events when the key is now released! At least I can live with that!

It looks like that change Jarod alluded to post-0.8.6 is the culprit.