[mythtv-users] Easiest way to selectively upgrade from .23.1?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 24 07:08:18 UTC 2011

On 10/23/2011 04:45 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> Soon, I'll be working on an upgrade form .23.1 to .24.  What is the
> best way to upgrade and only keep:
>
> - Recording Rules
> - Recording database
> - the appropriate data so that the channels I have defined in the two
> tables above still make sense?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.

Do a full database restore.  The only reason to not do a full database
restore is if your database schema is corrupt or if you have corrupt
data in the schema.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

and
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup
, which says exactly why not doing a full restore is a waste of your
time, has no benefits, whatsoever, and is asking for trouble.

Mike