[mythtv-users] Fanart is not displayed when containing special characters

Benedikt Eger benedikt.eger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:52:39 UTC 2011

Hello,
I noticed that fanart for recordings is not displayed when the title
contains special characters (german umlauts to be precise). If I have a
title like "Immer Ärger mit Harry" then Jamu creates the fanart-file
correctly in the fanart-directory but it is not displayed in mythfrontend.

I found the following ticket http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8319 (Fanart
is not displayed with recording that contains non-english characters in
title) which only states that this might be "another locale setting issue".

Did anyone experience similar problems and knows how to solve them? Or do
you have any hints how I can solve this myself (e.g. what could be meant by
"locale setting issue")?

I'm running Mythtv 0.23 on Mythbuntu 10.10.

Kind Regards
Benedikt