[mythtv-users] Adding A Few Channels to HDHR Line-up

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:22:06 UTC 2011

On 10/22/2011 12:58 PM, John Welch wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Comcast in my area recently added a few channels that I am able to
> tune with my HDHR (verified using the hdhomerun utilities from Silicon
> Dust).  What is the best way to get these channels into MythTV?  It's
> been a while since I've done any type of channel scans, but from past
> experience I find that they work, but you have to be careful how you
> use them.  These new channels are mostly borderline use channels for
> me, so I'm a bit hesitant to do anything that might mess up my
> existing channel line-ups which I have working to my satisfaction.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> John

If you are using Schedules Direct then you should be able to add the
channels to your lineup on the SD site and then run mythfilldatabase
with the grab-all option. I know when Dish added new channels a while
back that was all I had to do.