[mythtv-users] Mythbacked on ESXi 5.0

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Oct 24 12:01:19 UTC 2011

Phill Edwards wrote:

> I'd be interested in your progress as I'd like to do this too. Any
> reason why this may not work on ESXi v4 that you know of?

Actually, it's working quite well.  I was able to change comflagging
from low priority (23 minutes for an hour show) to medium priority (now
3 minutes!!)

I've also changed my Schedules Direct pull to --dd-grab-all.

Last night, I had 2 recordings going on while watching a recorded
program with no issues.  CPU usage was minimal.

As for the ESXi 4, I don't see why it would be any different.

Why haven't you upgraded?  When I initially started setting up a work
ESXi 4 system, around a week after I was done, they released version 5.

The upgrade was pretty painless and took less then 20 minutes.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: