[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime recordings of Discovery HD - particularly bad?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:10:40 UTC 2011

Is anyone else finding that their recordings of Discovery Channel HD
are corrupted?  They are playable in MythTV and in mplayer, but at
least on my system there's something wrong with the headers, because
the built-in lossless transcode fails to work, as do external programs
such as projectx and gopchop.

This occurs on every single program I record on Discovery HD, but not
on other channels.

I've tried to run a mencoder -oac -ovc to try to copy it, but mencoder
also fails to create a valid file.