[mythtv-users] Mythbacked on ESXi 5.0

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Oct 24 15:53:23 UTC 2011

Raymond Wagner wrote:

> So use a filesystem that supports snapshots.

I do this as well (XFS), but it's a far cry from recovery when you've
screwed up your whole system with a mail server upgrade or you've tried
to upgrade PHP or perl, only to find that nothing works afterwards.

I find VM very useful.  I'm constantly trying out different distros,
different packages that I may or may not like to put into place.

And my firewall stays on a little shuttle, I don't plan on putting it on
a VM.

And yes, I enjoy tinkering, it's how I learn.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: