[mythtv-users] how to make 0.24 more like 0.21 ?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Oct 24 18:58:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Marco Nelissen
<marco.nelissen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I updated my myth box the the latest MythBuntu yesterday. On the plus side,
> I'm finally rid of Gentoo, have a bigger harddrive without bad sectors (I
> hope), and have myth 0.24.
> On the flip side, myth 0.24 is... different, even after 12 hours of
> tweaking.
> My two main remaining gripes are:
> - failed recordings now show up in the "watch recordings" list, which they
> didn't before
> - hitting <right> on a recording just switches back to the show list on the
> left, instead of bringing up the context menu for the recording (the one
> that allows you delete the recording)
> Is there a way to tweak these two things so they behave like they did in
> 0.21?

I don't know what to say about the failed recording issue, but for the
other issue, if you compile your myth from source, I've written a
patch that allows that feature to be restored. You'll need to patch
the code and recompile, and then you'll need to manually make a small
tweak to whatever theme you use. You can get the patch for 0.24 from
here:
http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/0.24/index.html#ButtonListTriggerEvent

--
Ron Frazier