[mythtv-users] How do you reliably provide HDHR dhcp?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Mon Oct 24 22:02:44 UTC 2011

On Monday, October 24, 2011 2:31 PM, "John Finlay" <finlay at moeraki.com>
wrote:

> I'm not sure what static ip you are talking about but my HDHRs did not
> respond at all to the "hdhomerun_config discover" command which makes me
> think they weren't responding at all on the network.
>
> > Or, if plugged directly into your machine like me, you don't have to use
> > dhcp at all.
> >

> Would this work with two HDHRs?
>
> John

I can't take you to the exact post on this page, it is a few down:
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8454&highlight=static

And you can run two hdhr's this way... however, you are right - if the
discover doesn't work then you have to find an alternate method.  This
happens to me if the power flickers - the computer might be fine, but it
is enough to make the HDHR nonresponsive.  Can't wait for Christmas when
Santa hopefully gets me a UPS for this very reason.

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com