[mythtv-users] How do you reliably provide HDHR dhcp?

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Mon Oct 24 22:23:15 UTC 2011

Thanks to all who responded. I wasn't aware of how the 169.254.x.x
networking worked but it seems everyone who responded mentioned that.
What I ended up doing was attaching the two HDHRs to a 10/100 switch I
had and uplinking that to a dedicated 10/100 NIC on my backend server.
Since I use mythbuntu on the BE I had to edit that NIC's connection
settings for IPv4 to use the Link-Local Only method.

Once this was setup I power cycled the BE, switch and HDHRs and started
a bunch of recordings and then power cycled them all again. Everything
came back up and the recordings all restarted. It all seems to work as
desired so I think I'm ready for my next trip.

John