[mythtv-users] Unexpected interaction between Mythfrontend and K3b

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Oct 25 12:27:39 UTC 2011

Hi:  This is probably not directly related to Mythtv but maybe someone
here will recognise what is going on.

I often burn-and-verify DVD iso images using K3b.  Recently I have found
that if I am watching a recording at the end of either phase of this
process, I lose sound.  I haven't been able to restore it without
restarting playback.

The DVD is probably being unmounted by K3b at the point when this
happens.  I haven't identified sections of the frontend log that are
obviously related to it, and it isn't something that can be repeated
quickly for tests.  I first recognised the K3b connection yesterday,
which was soon after an update of kdelibs and kdelibs-common, but it may
have happened when another user was watching about two weeks ago.  I
don't recall anything similar before that, but maybe I haven't combined
watching and burning all that often.

My first thought was to try reverting the kdelibs packages but they
would apparently take most of the system with them.  Any suggestions
gratefully received.

Fedora 14 fully updated, 0.24-fixes latest from ATrpms dated 3 September.

John P