[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Wincast TV PCI card - Circa 1996 Audio Problems

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:45:33 UTC 2011

Greetings all,

I have an old card that I am trying to use for Analog cable. The video quality is good for what it is, but I am getting no audio from it.

I have tried tvtime, and also getting no audio.

I have installed the snd_bt87x module using the option load_all=1 that is supposed to handle this card, and it installs, but when using the following command:

cat /proc/asound/cards

There is no reference to to any bttv, only to my intel sound.

I did try looping the sound out of the card via the audio in, and I do get audio(Very scratchy), but was not able to bring this audio in to mythtv. I do get good video.

I haven't figured out how to hook the audio up internally on the motherboard(2007 vintage intel model) as there is no analog connector that matches the old style cd audio connector.

I was hoping to get the sound directly via the snd_bt87x module.

I know there used to be a btaudio module, but from what i gather it is mostly deprecated.

Information from lsmod:

:~$ lsmod | grep bt
snd_bt87x               9735  0
snd_pcm                70694  4 snd_bt87x,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss
bttv                  111669  0
v4l2_common            15431  5 tuner,tvaudio,tda7432,msp3400,bttv
videodev               34425  6 tuner,tvaudio,tda7432,msp3400,bttv,v4l2_common
ir_common              38875  1 bttv
i2c_algo_bit            5028  1 bttv
videobuf_dma_sg        10782  1 bttv
videobuf_core          16356  2 bttv,videobuf_dma_sg
btcx_risc               3624  1 bttv
tveeprom               11102  1 bttv
snd                    54244  17 snd_bt87x,snd_hda_codec_idt,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
snd_page_alloc          7076  3 snd_bt87x,snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm

Help!