[mythtv-users] how to make 0.24 more like 0.21 ?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Oct 25 12:55:02 UTC 2011

On 11-10-25 07:41 AM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Marco Nelissen
> <marco.nelissen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you both for the patch, but I was kinda hoping not to have to build
>> and maintain custom versions of anything anymore. For now I'll just assign a
>> different button on the remote for this, and see if we can get used to it.
>
> Well, for what it's worth, Daniel K seems to have taken an interest in
> my patch, so I suspect he'll be working it into myth. This feature was
> removed because it was a hard coded behavior that doesn't make sense
> with certain themes. My patch is actually a fairly flexible way to
> allow the theme designer to have control over stuff like this, and it
> actually allowed restoring a couple of those old behaviors.

That's definitely a start, but it still leaves the LEFT button hanging,
and it only addresses the issue for that one sub-screen (recordings),
rather than all similar screens in mythtv.

I kind of envisioned a new "wrapstyle" for the theme that says whether
or not to have RIGHT do the menu and LEFT do "exit" as before in earlier versions.

Here, LEFT and RIGHT (and UP and DOWN) all behave at least as nicely as
they once did in earlier versions, in pretty much all sub-screens
including mythvideo etc..  But I didn't do it as a nice "wrapstyle" attribute,
which means some oddball themes might not be happy with it,
and so there's no point in even attempting to get my stuff upstream.

But it really really does keep the WAF way up there compare with stock 0.24.
For full support of all of the arrow keys, like they used to work,
I feel that a new wrapstyle attribute is what's really needed.

Cheers