[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Wincast TV PCI card - Circa 1996 Audio Problems

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Oct 25 13:44:28 UTC 2011

On 10/25/2011 08:45, jrh wrote:
> I did try looping the sound out of the card via the audio in, and I do
> get audio(Very scratchy), but was not able to bring this audio in to
> mythtv.

It is entirely possible that is your only option.  Many older
framegrabbers did not come with audio capture of their own, because
there was no expectation anyone would ever want to capture it.  You were
expected to just plug it straight into your speakers (possibly through
your sound card) and use a simple bit of code to duplicate the
framebuffer into the graphics output.  In fact, some of the original ATI
all-in-one cards went so far as to not even allow video capture, instead
overlaying the video internally just prior to output to the display.