[mythtv-users] Issue changing themes

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 25 16:42:36 UTC 2011

On 10/25/2011 10:31 AM, Richard Morton wrote:

> You're in the right place. Under the menu normally bound to I or m you
> can tell it to show downloadable themes.
>
> As I said. Select the theme you want... it may not apply, go back
> there again and select the same theme. It is intermittent and it has
> never failed on the third attempt for me.

> Please excuse brevity and pistakes, this email was composed on a
> smartphone.
>
> Regards,
> Richard Morton
>
> On Oct 25, 2011 1:44 PM, "Harry Devine" <lifter89 at comcast.net
> <mailto:lifter89 at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 10/25/2011 4:51 AM, Richard Morton wrote:
>>
>>     Themesin .24 are not installed via apt they are downloaded by the
>>     theme manager in mythtv itself.
>>
>>     Please excuse brevity and pistakes, this email was composed on a
>>     smartphone.
>>
>>     Regards,
>>     Richard Morton

>     Where do I do that?  Right now, I'm going to
>     Utilities/Setup->Setup->Theme Chooser and choose a theme.  Is this
>     not the right way?  I also, when I was looking at the themes, hit
>     M for menu on the theme I wanted and chose "Select Theme", but
>     that gave me the same symptoms (chose the Terra theme instead and
>     had those same error messages in mythfrontend.log).
>
>     And if they aren't installed via apt, then why did I see a
>     mythtv-themes package get installed during my last update that I
>     put on?
>
>     Thanks!
>     Harry

Nope, no good.  I just tried it 4 or 5 times and it reverts back to the
Terra theme every time.  Here's what I'm doing (in case I'm doing
something wrong):

1) Select Utilities/Setup->Setup->Theme Chooser
2) Go to the theme I want and press "M" for menu
3) Choose Select Theme from the displayed menu.

I get the same errors in my front end log as I noted in my previous
posts, which may or may not have anything to do with why this isn't working.

Thanks,
Harry