[mythtv-users] Issue changing themes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 25 17:14:40 UTC 2011

On 10/24/2011 06:12 PM, Harry Devine wrote:
> I go to Theme Chooser under settings,&  no matter what theme I choose, the Terra theme gets chosen.

If you start mythfrontend when you have an invalid theme*** specified,
mythfrontend does a setting /override/ to use the Terra (default)
theme.  That override will, er, override any specifically chosen theme.
Therefore, if you're running mythfrontend with the override, changing
the setting has no effect *until* you restart mythfrontend with a valid
theme chosen/specified.

>    I see in the frontend log that mainmenu.xml is missing.  Wouldn't that file get installed when the theme package was updated?  Can I just copy it in from another theme?

That's most likely is talking about an old, broken theme from previous
version of MythTV.

Mike

***An invalid theme means a theme that does not exist on your system or
that's an old/broken theme from a previous version of MythTV.