[mythtv-users] OSX for a frontend? VDPAU and how is performance?

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:16:23 UTC 2011

On 26 October 2011 16:10, Mark <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone is using Lion OSX for a frontend machine?
> I currently use Linux and the Nvidia VDPAU hardware acceleration on
> Linux and it works perfectly, but could eliminate a machine ( less power
> ) if OSX has the same power for playback?
>
> I am looking for the same 1080 great playback that I get now on Linux.
>
> Does Mac have VDPAU or an equivalent?
>
> Experience from others?

you could multiboot if you can be bothered to mess around with bootcamp...
i'd guess OSX is openGL based.

which mac do you have aswell - i think the older ones are ATI based
(white?), newer ones (alu?) i believe are nvidia based.

im not a mac fan at all, so i dont own one, but i do have the misfortune to
use them at work now and again :P