[mythtv-users] Unexpected interaction between Mythfrontend and K3b

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Oct 26 16:36:21 UTC 2011

On 26/10/11 16:34, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/26/2011 06:52 AM, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> Could be. Of late I haven't heard any such sounds, and at first I
>>> misinterpreted the display.  It seems that I had Notifications enabled
>>> but with no sound files identified.   Doing things in the top window
>>> inserted 'ogg' file names below, which I could then enable or not.  Will
>>> experiment further.   Thanks for the suggestion.
>> K3b used with no Notifications active, sound playback continued without
>> interruption. K3b defaults need revising; will add this to KDE bug report.
>>

> System set up to use PulseAudio but MythTV configured to use ALSA (and,
> therefore, disabling Pulse), so that when K3b plays a sound using Pulse,
> it re-enables Pulse?
>
> Mike

Well, I certainly see reports of Pulse Audio resume OK and Pulse Audio
suspend OK scattered liberally around the frontend log - usually in that
order and often 200 ms apart.  TBH as long as I can hear something
acceptable I had given up paying it much attention.  Maybe I'll try
enabling K3b Notification with file names defined and see what happens;
  but maybe not - if I'm watching I don't want triumphant fanfares as well.

It looks as if the undefined file name problem may have been a result of
upgrading Fedora distributions in-place, with preupgrade wrongly leaving
an obsolete configuration.  But it still shouldn't have had the effect
it did.  And there's another coming up soon...

John P