[mythtv-users] Mythtv fade effect

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Oct 26 21:31:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Kris B. <krisbee at krisbee.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:13 PM, "Eric Sharkey"
>> For me I've noticed that sometimes the fade gets stuck halfway and
>> just sits there for about 15 seconds without responding to key
>> presses, and then snaps back to normal.  It's kind of annoying.
>>

> Just wanted you to see this:
>
> As someone else had the 10-15 second lag you talk about...

That sounds different.  He's talking about a 10-15 second lag every
time because he was using opengl with a card/driver that had no opengl
support.  That's a crazy way to configure a system.  In my case, the
menu transitions are almost always fine, but occasionally (maybe once
or twice a week) it'll get hung up in mid-transition for 10-15
seconds.  It always seems to be pretty random and unpredictable when
it will happen.  I have an nVidia GT220 in this system, which should
be more than capable of handling menu transitions.

Eric