[mythtv-users] mythvideo titles not matching videos

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 27 16:50:54 UTC 2011

On 10/27/2011 12:36 AM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
> Today I suddenly noticed that many of the titles displayed in
> mythvideo don't match the files they refer to.
> For example, I'll highlight the tile for movie "A" in the gallery view
> of mythvideo and hit enter, and it shows me the description for movie
> B. When I play it, it actually plays movie B. Furthermore, movie "A"
> doesn't even exist in the folder I was viewing; it is located in a
> subdirectory.
> Doing menu->scan for changes does not help. My videos are on an NFS
> mount, in case that matters.
> Anyone ever seen something like this before?

When you upgraded from 0.21 to 0.24, the amount of metadata MythVideo
handles was increased significantly.  IMHO, the best way to handle that
upgrade from MythVideo 0.21 to 0.24 is to remove all MythVideo metadata
(point your MythVideo directories to an empty directory location and
rescan, then reconfigure the proper directories) and rescan.  This
approach also has the benefit of better handling any TV videos you may have.

I'm guessing at this point your metadata doesn't match up properly with
your actual recordings, so what you see on screen isn't necessarily
right for the actual videos "underneath".

Mike