[mythtv-users] Playlist functionality broken

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Fri Oct 28 03:00:03 UTC 2011

On 28 October 2011 06:54, Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com> wrote:

> On Friday, October 28, 2011, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> wrote:
> > On 10/27/2011 03:49 AM, Bill Williamson wrote:
> >> Some time in the last few months the ability to use playlists has died
> >> on me.  It plays the first file, but then simply quits when it's
> >> finished playing.
> >>
> >> Attached is --version data.  Latest ubuntu, latest JYA, but this was
> >> happening yesterday before I upgraded ubuntu (and as far back as a few
> >> months, although it did used to work).
> >>
> >> any ideas?
> >
> > Which playlists?  MythTV or MythVideo?\
> >
> > Mike
>
> Myth video has no playlist support any more from what I can tell (Its not
> in any menus, I was going to send a seperate email about that).
>
> Mythtv recorded shows playlists, created via the menu. It marks them
> visually in the menu, and if I choose "shuffle play" it randomly chooses one
> I've marked, so it seems to be holding on to my selections, just not playing
> more than one!

I've found it works better although still not perfectly when all the
recordings in the playlist are marked as unwatched.

MythTV Version   : 0.24.1-2.md12 (3657f313ac)
MythTV Branch    :
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l
using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_opengl
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

Cheers,

Anthony