[mythtv-users] Mythtv fade effect

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Fri Oct 28 08:55:48 UTC 2011

On 27/10/2011 17:57, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> The proper approach is
> to fix your video card/driver/OpenGL configuration.  OpenGL shouldn't
> get "stuck" for 10-15 seconds on anything--after all, OpenGL is used for
> real-time rendering of video games, and if games got stuck for 10-15
> seconds at a time, people wouldn't play them.  ;)  (Yeah, I realize you
> were likely looking for the quick workaround until you can figure out
> the root of the problem, but maybe if you give it a bit of time on the
> list, someone will help you figure out the issue.)
>
> Perhaps you need to reinstall the nvidia drivers?  Or perhaps you're
> having a problem with the video card overheating?
>
> Mike

As I mentioned before, I'm also seeing the same occasional 10-15 second
pause mid-menu-fade. I'm pretty sure it's a Myth-specific problem, not a
general OpenGL/card/driver one. Other OpenGL apps on the same box don't
pause, and I never see the pause in Myth at any place other than
mid-menu-fade.

Cheers,

John

--