Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Fri Oct 28 14:10:44 UTC 2011

On 10/28/2011 08:00 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> From: Mark Boyum<mark at boyum.us>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Much confusion about lirc and mythtv
> To: Discussion about MythTV<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> Also, have you checked out the LIRC website?
> > From the FAQ (http://www.lirc.org/faq.html):
> lirc-0.8.7 has been tested with kernel versions up to 2.6.35. Older
> versions should also work. 2.4.x kernels are not supported anymore,
> but chances are good that it's still working. The last release
> officially supporting 2.4.x was 0.8.2. Please don't report problems
> with compilation on 2.4.x kernels. 2.2.x kernels are not supported
> anymore.
> > From 2.6.36 on all LIRC kernel drivers are already included in the
> kernel. There has been a slight interface change in the LIRC ioctls
> that will affect 64-bit kernels. For recent kernels please only use
> 0.9.0 which is compatilbe with the in-kernel drive

Thank-you for the comments, Mark.
I pretty much ignored the faq's unless on came up from on of the
searches tried.

One of the confusing things was trying to seperate what I needed if all
I was doing was
trying to use mythtv to change channels on the stb no remote involved\

The info you provided will help me avoid running into the problems I had
the
last time I tried to get this working.

Gary