[mythtv-users] concatenating recordings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 28 16:25:37 UTC 2011

On 10/28/2011 10:45 AM, David Watkins wrote:
>> I have it on a Windows box, and could get it for my Myth box, but
>> wouldn't this lead to Myth getting really confused?  Isn't there
>> metadata I need to deal with?
> Provided you save the concatenated file with the same name as the
> original recording that had the correct metadata then you should be
> OK.
>
> You may want to run
>
> mythcommflag --file<filename>  --rebuild
>
> to rebuild the seek table.

Exactly.  See:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable

(note, also, that this is what Richard was suggesting with "mpeg2->mpeg2
lossless transcode with reindexing"--he didn't mean to actually
transcode, but to use mythtranscode --buildindex to rebuild the seek table).

Or, as Ken suggested, just put the concatenated recording into MythVideo
videos section.

Mike