[mythtv-users] concatenating recordings?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:27:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> (note, also, that this is what Richard was suggesting with "mpeg2->mpeg2
> lossless transcode with reindexing"--he didn't mean to actually
> transcode, but to use mythtranscode --buildindex to rebuild the seek table).

Yeah, I could have explained my reasoning a bit better. I suggested
that over just doing a reindex for two reasons:

1. The TS stream will be converted to a PS stream which will decrease
the size, probably significantly on a multi-hour sports broadcast.

2. It will fix any MPEG2 container errors that might trip up Avidemux
or other conversion utility.

Richard