[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime lineup confusion

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 29 17:37:46 UTC 2011

On 10/29/2011 01:28 PM, Khanh Tran wrote:
>> On 10/29/2011 01:05 PM, Khanh Tran wrote:
>>> I just got my HDHR Prime setup and working.  Now I'd like to add it to
>>> my backend.  I already have a digital lineup working with my cablebox
>>> (PVR-150).  I followed:
>>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-24.html#ss24.2
>>>
>>> but I'm still confused as to where in my database I can ensure that
>>> mythbackend won't try to record the encrypted channels.
>>>
> Thanks so much for the quick response.  That all makes perfect sense
> when you put it that way!
>
> One last thing I've noticed is that when I "copied" the third tuner
> (by creating a new entry in capturecard and cardinput).  I see the
> tuner as available in the backend status and mythweb, but I cannot
> switch to it manually in my frontends.  Maybe I need another setting
> somewhere?

You mean "creating a new entry in capturecard and cardinput" using the
mysql command-line client?  If so, there's probably a lot of information
missing/mis-connected.  I don't see any recommendation to directly edit
the database in the HDHR configuration page you quoted above.  It looks
like you should be able to do all the steps properly using mythtv-setup.

Mike