[mythtv-users] BGT3600 - Ultimate UK DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 Tuner?

Simon Jones sijones2010 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 17:38:07 UTC 2011

2011/10/29 Mark Gardner <Mark at thegardners.me.uk>:
> I too never really trust 'coming soon'!
>
> BG also wrote to me a second time saying that linux drivers are available now, but looking at http://shop.blackgold.tv/epages/BT3159.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3159/Categories/Support/Current_Drivers the current drivers are only for DVB-T2 and DVB-C, and on Ubuntu 10.04 - I'm on 11.10 now.
>
> So fingers crossed....

I personally would stay far away from this card until the drivers are
in mainline kernel, there not even giving the source code, it's a
binary driver so would only work for certain kernels.

I have had tuners that I had to hack drivers to work with and in the
end it wasn't worth the hassle, I just ripped them out and replaced
all my cards with kernel supported ones.

Also, the specs ain't very clear, it says dual DVB-S and DVB-S2 then
DVB-T DVB-T2, is that 4 tuners at once or are you limited to x amount
etc, i'd wait a bit before getting that one, unless they have
submitted the driver code!