[mythtv-users] Why do I run updates?!

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Oct 29 18:13:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-29 at 18:16 +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Why do I run updates against a working system?.

Dunno.  More people need to live by the mantra "if it ain't broke, don't
fix it" -- unless they like dicking around with this stuff.  Why bother
doing upgrades (and dealing with the headaches afterward) for the sheer
sake of doing them?  Go spend more time with your kids.  Wait until you
have a need to upgrade before you do.

I'm currently running master even and I don't update/grade it until it
proves itself broke.

That's my 2 cents, anyway.

b.