[mythtv-users] How to install MythTV 0.24.1 to Ubuntu 10.04 desktop

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 21:23:28 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Mike's JdJ <stepsisters at comcast.net> wrote:

> Due to my issues with Mythbuntu 11.10, I want to go back to
> MythTV 0.24.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit desktop with a complete,
> clean install.
>
> I see the  wiki/User_Manual:Initial_Installation for MythTV 0.21
>  and  Installing and Using MythTV (0.22) and
> wiki/Ubuntu_Intrepid_Ibex_Installation  for Ubuntu 8.10, but I
> suspect that these are inappropriate for for Myth 0.24.1 and 10.04.
>
> Can someone point me to appropriate install instructions please?
>  Or should I just install MythTV BackEnd with the Ubuntu
> Software Center?
>
> Mike

I'm no developer and usually when I custom compile things they go horribly
wrong, so I just use Synaptic / Ubuntu Software Center to install
mythbuntu-control-centre. After it's installed I launch the app and check
off the features I want. There may be a geekier way to do it with more
control, but I've probably set up 20ish MythTV boxes at this point using
this method.