[mythtv-users] Mythweb listing not always showing what is to be recorded

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 29 21:39:03 UTC 2011

On 10/29/2011 02:35 PM, Brent Bolin wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 10/29/2011 09:00 AM, Brent Bolin wrote:
>>> However when you go into upcoming recordings.  Either from mythweb or
>>> the frontend's it does show up as scheduled
>> Without any details, this is 100% guessing, but I'd suggest that you
>> have multiple sources with multiple identically-numbered/callsigned
>> channels, so they are "consolidated" into a single line on the guide.
>> However, occasionally, the program from the "other" channel (not the one
>> on which the show will be recorded) appears "on top" of the listing.
>> Therefore, it's not highlighted.
>>
>> Either that or there's a black hole at the center of a large galaxy
>> whose tilt is exactly perfect to aim a stream of high-energy gamma rays
>> directly at your house, causing bits to be flipped in your computer and,
>> therefore, making some shows appear to not be scheduled for recording
>> when viewing the listings page.
>>
>> Both are equally likely with the limited information I've been given.  :)
>>
> The schedule is being set as a "Power search" for "Sports event" AND HDTV
>
> The channel info in mythweb looks like this -
>
> xmltvid		channel	callsign	name
> 20204		5		NBC		NBC
> 45805		5_2		NBC		NBC
> 61465		5_3		NBC		NBC

But how many times does the channel appear in MythWeb listings?  If it's
3x, then it's not what I was talking about.  If it appears only once,
then it's likely what I was talking about (where, depending on which
channel is shown, you may or may not be seeing the channel on which the
show will be recorded).  However, if "channel" in your above table is
the channel number, then it looks like it should appear 3 times in the
listings (once for 5, once for 5_2, and once for 5_3).

> Are you possibly talking about channel scan from mythtv-setup ?

No.

Mike