[mythtv-users] Strange thing in LiveTV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 29 22:21:42 UTC 2011

On 10/29/2011 05:44 PM, Stefan D wrote:
> I watched a HD channel today in Sweden, SVT HD, and a strange thing
> happened. I never switched channel and watched the whole movie. And i
> noticed when i paused for a while that the whole recording was split
> in 30 minute parts. Is that really normal?

Yes.  It's completely normal when there's no guide data for the channel
you're watching (which is also the only way to cause it to happen).

> I never seen it before when watching a HD channel or any channel. And
> now when i think back, it was a few times when there was a little
> stutter and kind of a micro pause when watching, and now when i look
> back it was the times when the recording was split.
>
> And if i was about to record a show like this i get it in several
> parts and have to start the next part manually several times when i
> watch it again because the recording is not in one part.

MythTV records whatever program you specify using the start and end
times in the listings.  Therefore, with good guide data, you'll get good
recordings (not split into pieces).

> I'm running the trunk version and try to follow the commit messages,
> but i never read anything about a feature like this. So why is this
> happening?

Sounds like you either have a problem with your guide data on that
channel, or on that Video Source, or in general.

Mike