[mythtv-users] Mythweb listing not always showing what is to be recorded

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 22:48:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/29/2011 02:35 PM, Brent Bolin wrote:
>>> Without any details, this is 100% guessing, but I'd suggest that you
>>> have multiple sources with multiple identically-numbered/callsigned
>>> channels, so they are "consolidated" into a single line on the guide.
>>> However, occasionally, the program from the "other" channel (not the one
>>> on which the show will be recorded) appears "on top" of the listing.
>>> Therefore, it's not highlighted.
>>>
>>> Either that or there's a black hole at the center of a large galaxy
>>> whose tilt is exactly perfect to aim a stream of high-energy gamma rays
>>> directly at your house, causing bits to be flipped in your computer and,
>>> therefore, making some shows appear to not be scheduled for recording
>>> when viewing the listings page.
>>>
>>> Both are equally likely with the limited information I've been given.  :)
>>>
>> The schedule is being set as a "Power search" for "Sports event" AND HDTV
>>
>> The channel info in mythweb looks like this -
>>
>> xmltvid               channel callsign        name
>> 20204         5               NBC             NBC
>> 45805         5_2             NBC             NBC
>> 61465         5_3             NBC             NBC
>
> But how many times does the channel appear in MythWeb listings?  If it's
> 3x, then it's not what I was talking about.  If it appears only once,
> then it's likely what I was talking about (where, depending on which
> channel is shown, you may or may not be seeing the channel on which the
> show will be recorded).  However, if "channel" in your above table is
> the channel number, then it looks like it should appear 3 times in the
> listings (once for 5, once for 5_2, and once for 5_3).
>
>> Are you possibly talking about channel scan from mythtv-setup ?
>
> No.
>
> Mike

Yes it does appear on 3 separate lines in the listing.

Same as other channels.  Multicast frequencies.  These are OTA
broadcasts.  I only use OTA.

I've seen this same problem on other channels other then what I
started this thread about (Ch 5)

7, 7_2
9, 9_2
11, 11_2, 11_3, 11_4