[mythtv-users] BGT3600 - Ultimate UK DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 Tuner?

Mark Gardner Mark at thegardners.me.uk
Sun Oct 30 06:56:38 UTC 2011

I agree with you to an extent Simon. But does anyone know of any working and reliable T2 or S2 tuners?

I currently run Myth on a Revo so am currently limited to USB tuners. I've tried and utterly failed with a TeVii S660 (S2). Ok, i'm a Linux novice but that device has caused me two distro upgrades in order to get my DVB-T tuner working again! I am prepared to change hardware if necessary if i can find reliable tuners.

I have the S660 working reliably in NextPVR, but it's just not as good as Myth.

It's a shame Linux drivers are seemingly second fiddle to Windows drivers. The BGT3600 would seem to be the ideal card if the drivers ever become available. From reading up on it it will support 4 concurrent recordings on separate muxs in any combination of 2 of each of T T2 S or S2 in Win MC.