[mythtv-users] Finessing my recording edits

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Sun Oct 30 16:33:25 UTC 2011

Ian Evans wrote:
> I've been editing down some of my recordings to save space. For the
> most part, commercial detection has been excellent but I do have to
> add the occasional cut.
>
> Most of my own edits work fine, but some do have brief 1-second
> flashes of commercial. I've just been adding cuts at the black frames,
> but what should I be doing to finesse my cuts?

My understanding is, that you can only cut at keyframes and that's what
I do. So instead of moving frame by frame you should move keyframe by
keyframe and set the beginning of the cut at the last keyframe before
the commercial and the end of the cut at the first keyframe after the
commercial.

HTH
Thomas