[mythtv-users] What will mythtv do if I `rm -rf ./recordings/* ./livetv/*` ?

Andrew Hughes ahhughes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 01:57:39 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm going to use clonezilla to backup my entire boot drive/partition. In
order to keep the backups as small as possible I'll be looking to configure
myth's directories onto another disk (I don't want to back these up).

So, my question is if I do something stupid (highly likely) and I restore
the disc, the directory contents of ./recordings/* livetv/* will be out of
sync with that of mythtv's (database I believe). This is effectively the
same as saying "what happens if I delete these files manually"?

Questions:

Q: How would mythtv behave/react on boot?

Q: If this boot with error, how could these errors be resolved?

Q: Does anyone else use clonezilla to backup mythtv and would you recommend
this approach?

THANKS HEAPS
--AH