[mythtv-users] So: how *could* CBS solve the sports delay problem?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Mon Oct 31 02:35:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> [...]

First things to mind:

1) Schedule 30 minutes of filler (rerun some comedy or other, I don't
care) after sporting events. Don't show it in scheduling data as a
real program to prevent people trying to specifically record it,
because it's whole purpose is to get overrun into
2) More sensibly, if more annoyingly, do what Australian broadcasters
do and schedule 30+ minutes of handshaking, backpatting, speeches,
replays and speculation about next week. And ruthlessly cut if off
when it reaches the end of its slot.
3) Follow the lead of the Australian broadcaster who introduced a
channel which is basically all sport, and don't schedule major events
back to back, so if something runs overtime all it cuts into is a
rerun of last week's boxing.

I, for one, am all in favour of option 3. Don't mix sports programming
with regular programming, it's just annoying.

- Chris